In the American Adirondack Tradition
The Hickory Flat Owl Cuckoo Clock was inspired by the uniquely American folk art tradition of Adirondack. The natural materials — birch, willow twigs, various tree rounds and branches, acorns, and pine cones — create the are the perfect woodsy home for a softly hooting owl.
Yes, in this cuckoo clock an owl replaces the usual cuckoo bird. The owl is mounted on the bird post as the cuckoo would be, gently swinging into the door opening to hoot every hour and half hour.
And he hoots for real! The special bellows are configured a bit differently from those of a normal cuckoo to mimic the owl call.
As for all of our clocks, the clockworks are imported from the Black Forest in Germany. This clock feature an 8-day Regula movement with auto shutoff.
The Sound of the Owl Cuckoo Clock
Please note that this clock is quiet.
Just like an owl hooting in the woods, the unique bellows in the Hickory Flat Owl Cuckoo Clock emit a soft “hoo-hoo” rather than the perky “coo-coo” of a traditional cuckoo clock.
We elected not to include the compulsory gong accompaniment for this clock. The gong would drown out the soft owl call. In a regular cuckoo clock the gong is activated by a hammer at the same time as the bellows fire, which would overwhelm the owl in this clock. This clock is all about the owl!
Please note that we hand craft our clocks in small batches. An current estimated ship date from when an order is placed is noted above.
When you order a clock we will respond telling you our anticipated ship date, filling orders on a first come, first served basis. If you wish to order a clock and need it by a specific date please send us an email and we will give you a ship date.
Details About THE HICKORY FLAT OWL Cuckoo Clock
- Handcrafted in the Adirondack tradition from birch bark, hickory twigs, foraged wood, cedar shakes, acorns, and pine cones.
- On the hour and half hour the owl swings into the window and hoots
- Owl can be silenced with an automatic shutoff between the hours of 8 PM and 8 AM
- Instructions for setting up and caring for the clock are included
- Two year manufacturers limited warranty
- Measures 18 3/4″ W x 14 3/4″ T x 6 3/4″ D minus pendulum and weights
- Made by the American Cuckoo Clock Company using clockworks from the Black Forest
- Brass 8-day Regula movement imported from Schonach, Germany*
- Owl bellows made by Kienzler in Schonach, Germany
- Cast pine cone weights imported from the Black Forest
- 100% Smiles (a.k.a. Satisfaction) Guarantee
- Designed by Jodie Davis in Hickory Flat, Georgia
- Only available in North America. You won’t find this clock in Germany
- Price includes free shipping via UPS within the continental U.S.
*Movement requires winding once a week.