The Quilt Shop Cuckoo Clock
Made in Germany its the real thing! And it’s animated: The cuckoo’s call triggers the quilter to cut and the kitty to jump with joy! It’s the perfect clock for quilters!
Crafted to resemble quaint buildings, the cuckoo clocks Jodie Davis collected over the years made her long for one designed after one of her favorite places: a quilt shop. Her dream became a reality when she contacted the Schneider Cuckoo Clock Company of Schonach Germany. She pitched her crazy idea and they said go!
Like every cuckoo clock, on the hour and half hour the cuckoo emerges to proclaim the time. But on this clock the cuckoo precipitates a chain of actions. The quilter’s arm moves to rotary cut the fabric painted on the table, the kitty jumps up and down on a stack of fabric bolts and a chimney sweep pops out of the chimney.
The clock’s pendulum is, naturally, a spool of thread.
Jodie designed the quilts by the door of the clock using Electric Quilt 5. She scanned and emailed catalog images of a rotary cutter and fabric bolts to help the sculptors in Germany carve the props.
Hand made in the heart of the Black Forest, the quilt shop cuckoo clock is created by skilled craftspeople, with some of the stages of manufacture taking place in their homes as has been the tradition for over a hundred of years.
Quilt Shop Cuckoo Clock Details
- Authentic Black Forest Cuckoo Clock made by Schneider of Schonach, Germany
- Hand carved quilter, kitty, fabric bolts, and thread spool pendulum
- Animation: On the hour and half hour the cuckoo pops out of his door and sings, the quilter rotary cuts fabric, the kitty jumps up and down on the fabric bolts, and the chimney sweep peeks up from inside the chimney
- Lever silences the cuckoo
- Instructions for setting up and caring for the clock are included
- Two year warranty
- The pendulum is a hand painted spool of thread
- Measures 10″ W x 12″ T x 6.5″ D minus pendulum and weights
- Brass 1-day movement *8-Day Option: See “1-Day or 8-Day Movement Tab”*
- Pine cone cast weights
- VDS (Black Forest Clock Association) Certificate of Authenticity
- 100% Smiles (Satisfaction) Guarantee
- Shipped via UPS
- Made by hand in a small factory in Germany, these clocks are the real thing!
- Only available in North America. Not sold in Germany!
- Includes free shipping within the continental US. For other locations e-mail us at [email protected] for a shipping quote.