The American Barn Cuckoo Clock
Are you cuckoo for barns and farm animals? Since I spend a good it of each day in my barn, an American barn was a natural choice for my third cuckoo clock design for The American Cuckoo Clock Company..
When working out the design it was fascinating to discover how much barns differ across our country. So I distilled my vision down to what you will, hopefully, agree is the quintessential American family farm Barn.
Of the choices of clock manufacturers in the Black Forest I chose the Anton Schneider Company of Schonach, Germany to make my clocks. Schneider is known for their excellent craftsmanship and trouble-free clocks. Made as they have been for nearly two centuries, with many clock parts made in cottage industries, the clock has a Regula movement that powers the bellows, the cuckoo, and the animated birds.
As is the case with every cuckoo clock, the cuckoo emerges to sing on the hour and half hour. The extra charm of an animated cuckoo clock is that the cuckoo sets off even more magic. In this case, the framer hoes his crops to the tune of the cuckoo.
But wait! There’s more magic! Next up, the clock plays a tune! And while doing so the horse pops his head out of the barn. He must smell me coming with a banana, my horses’ favorite believe it or not.
To provide the extra power for all of these goodies we chose to go with an 8-day movement for this clock. This will ensure that your farmer keeps fit and strong for years to come.
Note the details on this clock. As we made final decisions on what to include, Mr. Clute (a fellow horseman) and I looked at each other with the same thought: No sparing the horses on this one! So yes to the pig and her piglet. yes, to both the cow and the horse. Then Mr. Kinzler came by with a box of sample animals he had carved. A kitty, a bird, a mouse!
Once again, the craftsmen at Schonach and I have created a 100% made in the Black Forest (even the chains for the weights!) with an American aesthetic. My wish is that it makes you smile!
Details About Jodie’s American Barn Cuckoo Clock
- Authentic Black Forest Cuckoo Clock made by Anton Schneider, Schonach, Germany
- Hand carved farmer plus animals which include: Horse, cow, sow and piglet, chickens and rooster, kitty, bird, mouse.
- Movement: On the hour and half hour the cuckoo pops out of his door and sings and the farmer hoes.
- When the music plays the horse (who looks like Jodie’s Tennessee Walking horse Harley) pops out of his stall.
- A rooster weather vane tops the clock
- Handmade details such as Amish hex signs
- 8-day movement requires winding once per week.
- Musical movement plays Edelweiss and Happy Wanderer.
- Cuckoo can be silenced with automatic shut off
- Instructions for setting up and caring for the clock are included
- Two year warranty
- Measures 14.5″ W x 16.5″ T x 8″ D minus pendulum and weights
- Brass 1-day Regula movement*
- Cast weights
- 100% Satisfaction — Smiles — Guarantee
- VDS Certificate of Authenticity from the Black Forest Association of cuckoo clock makers
- Designed by Jodie Davis in Hickory Flat, Georgia
- Only available in North America.