It’s a clock that is a quilt! Or is it a quilt that is a clock?
Either way, the Log Cabin Quilt Cuckoo Clock honors one of our most cherished quilt designs. In fact, a log cabin quilt is the one and only heirloom that has survived from the needle of my great, great, grandmother, a seamstress who immigrated from Ireland.
My vision for this clock is what we quilters see every day; a quilt draped tidily on a bed, awaiting snuggle time.
The quilt is pieced from five sections of laser carved and hand painted quilt panels which wrap around the wooden cuckoo clock case. “Piping” fills the spaces along the clock front edge much as an inner border does on a fabric quilt.
This design is a case where simplicity is everything. The clean lines of the quilt blocks are simply painted and varnished. The cuckoo door is a section of the block it covers, all but disappearing into the clock after it opens for the cuckoo to call on the hour and half hour. The block is also echoed in the pendulum. The simple design, while all-American traditional, makes for a modern cuckoo clock that fits into any contemporary home.
All of the clockworks — even the bellows lift wires — are imported from the Black Forest. The 100% wood case and quilt panels are made here in America, the panels from locally sourced poplar. Final assembly is at my farm in Hickory Flat, Georgia.
In designing my clocks my vision is to update the charming cuckoo clock to reflect our passions and interests and to fit into our modern day homes. This one certainly exemplifies that mission.
My clocks ship with a two-year warranty and complete instructions for setup. We are just a phone call (or e-mail or text) away if you have any questions. My goal is for the clock to make you smile every day!
Details About Jodie’s Log Cabin Quilt Cuckoo Clock
- Each “patch” of the log cabin quilt is hand painted
- On the hour and half hour the door pops open and the cuckoo sings
- Cuckoo can be silenced manually
- Instructions for setting up and caring for the clock are included
- Two year warranty
- Measures 9 3/4″ W x 12 3/4″ T x 4″ D minus pendulum and weights
- Made by the American Cuckoo Clock Company using clockworks from the Black Forest
- Brass 1-day Regula movement made by in Schonach, Germany*
- Bellows made by Kienzler in Schnoch, Germany
- Cast pine cone cast weights imported from the Black Forest
- 100% Smiles (a.k.a. Satisfaction) Guarantee
- Designed by Jodie Davis in Hickory Flat, Georgia
- Only available in North America, directly from The American Cuckoo Clock Company. You won’t find this clock in Germany.
- Price includes free shipping via UPS within the continental U.S.
*Movement requires winding every 24 hours.
Please note that we hand craft our clocks in small batches. An estimated ship date from when an order is placed is noted above.
When you order a clock we will respond telling you our anticipated ship date, filling orders on a first come, first served basis. If the you wish to order a clock and need it by a specific date please send us an email and we will give you a ship date.