The Log Cabin Quilt Cuckoo Clock
It’s a clock that is a quilt! Or is it a quilt that is a clock?
Either way, the Log Cabin Cuckoo Clock honors one of our most cherished quilt designs. In fact, a log cabin quilt is the one and only heirloom that has survived from the needle of my great, great, grandmother, a seamstress who immigrated from Ireland.
My vision for this clock is what we quilters see every day; a quilt draped tidily on a bed, awaiting snuggle time.
The quilt is pieced from five sections of laser carved and hand painted quilt panels which wrap around the wooden cuckoo clock case. Quarter-round “piping” fills the spaces along the clock front edge much as an inner border does on a fabric quilt.
This design is a case where simplicity is everything. Clean black weights and a simple circle pendulum complement the quilt design without detracting from it. The cuckoo door is a section of the block it covers, all but disappearing into the clock after it opens for the cuckoo to call on the hour and half hour.
All of the clockworks — even the bellows lift wires — are imported from the Black Forest. The 100% wood case and quilt panels are made here in America, the panels from locally sourced poplar. Final assembly is at my farm in Hickory Flat, Georgia.
In designing my clocks my vision is to update the charming cuckoo clock to reflect our passions and interests and to fit into our modern day homes. This one certainly exemplifies that mission.
My clocks ship with a two-year warranty and complete instructions for setup. I am just a phone call (or e-mail or text) away if you have any questions. My goal is for the clock to make you smile every day!
Details About Jodie’s Log Cabin Quilt Cuckoo Clock
- Each “patch” of the log cabin quilt is hand painted
- On the hour and half hour the door pops open and the cuckoo sings
- Cuckoo can be silenced manually
- Instructions for setting up and caring for the clock are included
- Two year warranty
- Measures 9 3/4″ W x 12 3/4″ T x 4″ D minus pendulum and weights
- Made by the American Cuckoo Clock Company using clockworks from the Black Forest
- Brass 1-day Regula movement made by in Schonach, Germany*
- Bellows made by Kienzler in Schnoch, Germany
- Pine cone cast weights imported from the Black Forest
- 100% Smiles (a.k.a. Satisfaction) Guarantee
- Designed by Jodie Davis in Hickory Flat, Georgia
- Only available in North America. You won’t find this clock in Germany.
- The first Log Cabin Quilt Cuckoo Clocks will ship fall 2018
*Movement requires winding every 24 hours.